Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Favorite Promo

Practical promotional products are one of the best investments you can make for your business. They’re marketing tools that do the work for you, keeping your name in front of your customer on a regular basis. I can’t reiterate this point enough. If your customer uses a promotional item weekly, daily or several times a day, then your name and logo are constantly displayed and reinforced. Not only are they reminded of you when they use it, but the people who see them using that promotional item with your logo on it see that as an endorsement of you. Think about it. Someone who sees a calendar on your office wall with Jennifer A. Realtors’ name on it is going to think that you would recommend her. Why would you hang it up if you think she does shoddy work? All you have to do is get the right product in your customers’ hands and they can become walking billboards for your business.

I mentioned calendars as a practical promotional product that often gets forgotten in our search for new, innovative items. Well, I’d like to dedicate this particular post to my favorite of all practical promos: the ink pen.

I am a pen guy. I cannot run my business successfully if I do not have a pen or two on hand at all times. Honestly, from writing down my newest ideas to signing checks to filling out orders, I need a pen. Jotting down a phone number so I don’t have to deal with my complicated smart phone—hand me a pen please! Writing down an appointment? Gotta have a pen! I have at least 10 littering the top of my desk so they are always at hand and I always carry extras with me when I go to meetings. Someone always seems to need one and I really like being ‘a hero’.

Pens are an extremely customizable item as well. With some manufacturers, you can specify the refill color (you can even get three ink colors in one pen-WITH a highlighter), medium or fine point, barrel color, trim color – all this customization in addition to your imprint.

There are click-style pens (2800 on our web site). There are stick pens with caps (1500 on our site). Twist-style pens as well (3900 listed).

Pens that are small, pens that are huge, thick pens, thin pens , twisted , or heat-sensing mood pens .

Earth-friendly pens made from renewable resources or recycled materials. There are even pens that write in zero gravity - below zero degrees - upside-down!

Take a moment to flip through our online catalog to get an idea of your choices. Think about what you like in a pen and what your prospects would like. When in doubt, you can always contact us if you need any help choosing your next promotional pen.

Finally, check out our facebook fan page where our friends get an additional 5% off every order of pens.

Steve




No comments:

Post a Comment